The Writing Center is located in Hale La‘akea, Room 222
All Windward CC students are invited to consult with our Writing Resource Center staff to assist with their writing needs at any stage of the writing process (brainstorming, drafting, revising, etc.).
We can help students with:
- Pre-writing – understanding and analyzing the assignment
- Planning – gathering and organizing information, structuring the report
- Feedback – on drafts for organization, idea development and
Monday - 8:00 - 9:30am and 4:00 - 6:00pm
Tuesday - 10:00am - 7:00pm
Wednesday - 8:00 - 9:30am and 3:00 - 7:00pm
Thursday - 10:00am - 6:00pm
We take appointments and walk-ins (each session lasts approximately 30 minutes).
Coordinator: Annette Priesman
Once again, we shall be holding multiple workshops throughout the semester to assist students with their writing. Workshops will include grammar, punctuation, and writing a thesis statement.
- Worksheets (PDF)
- Other Ka Piko Services
- Writing Resource Web Site - from Kamehameha Schools
- Pathfinder to resources on Writing
- Writing Across the Curriculum - faculty training