Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® testing is provided to all students who are interested in attending Windward Community College. It is an untimed, computer-adaptive test designed to evaluate students’ academic skills in math and writing in order to be placed into appropriate courses. Students may choose to take the entire test (WritePlacer and mathematics) during one testing period or take the WritePlacer and mathematics tests at different times. The entire test may take approximately two hours to complete.
Test results are printed immediately after testing and are valid for two years. Scores are also posted to students’ personal MyUH website at https://myuh.hawaii.edu/ (click on STAR GPS, log in, and click on the Transcripts tab). An academic advisor will use the results to assist students in selecting appropriate courses during registration.
Placement Testing Information
- A valid photo ID and a UH student ID number are required for testing.
- There is no charge for the first attempt at the test. The cost to retake the ACCUPLACER is $25 and is collected before testing.
- No personal calculator may be used. An on-screen calculator is available on some, but not all, problems. Scratch paper and pencil are provided.
- Testing is monitored and recorded.
- The use of a cell phone, electronic devices, and unauthorized materials is not allowed and any incident of use will be reported. Use lockers in the library to store belongings.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center; they must be supervised at all times while on campus.
- Walk-in testing is available in Hale Laʻakea, Library Learning Commons, Room 228.
- Please note that the week before and during the final exam period are our busiest times, so please plan accordingly. Take your test early during the testing period; being waitlisted is a possibility during peak hours.
(All tests must be submitted at 5 minutes before closing.)
Fall and Spring Semesters (unless otherwise posted):
- Monday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. HST
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. HST
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. HST
- Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. HST
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. HST
Summer and Break periods (unless otherwise posted):
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. HST
CLOSED Weekends and Holidays.
Schedules are subject to change.
How to Prepare for Placement Testing
Come prepared to test by visiting any of these test preparation sites.
More Information — Remote Placement Testing
- Incoming Windward Community College students who currently reside out of state should locate an approved college testing center in their state of residence willing to administer a Remote ACCUPLACER test for Windward Community College. To register for Remote ACCUPLACER testing, please email the Testing Center Coordinator at email@example.com and provide the following information:
The student is responsible for paying testing center proctor fees.
- Student’s name and UH ID number
- Preferred date of testing
- Accuplacer Test to be taken: English, Math
- Name and address of college testing site in your state of residence
- Proctor’s name
- Proctor’s business email address
- Proctor’s business phone number
- For students who wish to take a placement test for an out-of-state institution, please email the Testing Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The proctor contact information we provide should be sent to the person responsible for sending the test instructions and the necessary login information.
WCC ACCUPLACER Cut Scores and Placement (pdf)
Windward Community College
45-720 Keaahala Road
Kaneohe, HI 96744
Phone: (808) 235-7498
Fax: (808) 236-9228