The Senior Citizen Visitor Pass allows seniors to “visit” courses that are offered at Windward Community College (WCC) free of charge if seats are available (class is not closed).
Visitors are exempt from tuition/student fees payment (course fees may apply), no credit is awarded, no name will appear on the instructor’s class roster via MyUH, and no permanent academic records are retained in the Admissions and Records office. If a senior citizen wishes to enroll in courses to receive credit, he/she is required to follow the same procedure and deadline as other students.
Once this Senior Citizen Visitor Pass is issued, the senior citizen visitor cannot request credit for the visited class(es). Senior citizen visitor status does not provide an active UH student account, access to MyUH, Laulima, or full library privileges.
To qualify for a Hawaii Senior Citizen Visitor Pass, you must:
- be a bona fide resident of the status of Hawai‘i resident for tuition purposes (may require residency documentation)
- be at least 60 years of age prior to the first day of the semester
- be clear of University of Hawaiʻi (UH) system financial obligations
- meet State of Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) health clearance requirements (Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules Title 11-157)
- provide Tuberculosis (TB) examination within 12 months prior to first day of the semester with application
- provide Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) immunization records (exempt if born before 1957) with application
- meet course pre-requisite
- comply with all UH and WCC policies and procedures
- submit a Senior Citizen Visitor Pass Application is every semester you plan to attend (Fall and Spring only. Not available for Summer sessions.)
Senior citizen visitors must complete the Senior Citizen Visitor Pass application, Residency Declaration form, and health clearances at Admissions & Records office no earlier than the Late Registration period and no later than the second Friday of the start of the term.
ADMISSIONS PHONE: 808-235-7432